Thursday 19 November 2015

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Suzuki Airi x Hagiwara Mai

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Suzuki Airi X Hagiwara Mai

The discussion starts on the topic of blood types. Airi's a B-type, while MaiMai's an AB-type.

^^^
Suzuki: Mai-chan definitely goes at her own pace (laughs).

Hagiwara: Is that so? (laughs)

Suzuki: At your pace, in a different sort of way [than mine]. Mine is the type where I'm slow to take action, where I can't follow along at times when we have to match. Whereas for Mai-chan, you do what you want to do when you feel like doing it, and at times when you don't want to do something, you definitely won't do it, that's how you follow your own pace. In Mai-chan's case, you carry yourself, making a sense of atmosphere.

Hagiwara: Ah, I kind of get what you mean (laughs). Airi, you go at your own pace, while Mai's the kind of person who'll just move of my own accord. I don't think it means that I move at my own pace, but I just get tired of things and move on. But Airi, you have your own, unique air to you. With Airi around, we get carefree. Do you see it, can you follow?

Suzuki: Maybe Mai-chan goes along with the people she's with, the type that naturally gets intimate of her own accord. You talk a lot when you're with all of ℃-ute, but when it's just the 2 of us ,we spend it leisurely. Maybe it's because I'm slow? I feel like everyone gets relaxed when they're with me (laughs).

Hagiwara: Well, doesn't that mean that Airi-chan makes her own atmosphere (laughs)!

 Airi-chan is a B-type while Mai-chan in as AB-type, do you feel the characteristics of your blood type?

Hagiwara: My mother is B-type, and there are some similarities with Airi. Airi, you dislike conflicts. Mama's really like that too...... While I say that, Mai does get into fights with her though (laughs), but when when Mama drops into something like that, I think that she says the same things that Airi does.

^^^

Hagiwara: But when I say that Airi goes at her own pace, I only mean it in a good way.

Suzuki: I'm often told that I'm B-type-ish. But in the past, when I was told 'I hate B-types' to my face, there were times that I really cried. It was written in the book about B-types that, 'Despite saying that they don't care about blood types, the ones that care about it the most are B-types', and it was just like that (laughs).

^^^

Suzuki: B-types are fine being a crowd with numerous people surrounding them, but when you're the lone one in a midst of a group, you think that there's something off with just you alone, like you've got a screw loose. Berryz Kobo's Kumai-chan is also the lone B-type in her group, so I think there must be all sorts of things (laughs)

Hagiwara: Struggles?

Suzuki: A bit, in the past. I wouldn't mention my own opinions, and caused trouble to the members. But having met all types of people, I noticed how important it is to emphasise your own opinions. Once I did that, my self-denial reduced, and I feel that my relationships with those around me improved. In the past, we had ℃-ute meetings where the members would discuss amongst ourselves, but despite everyone coming together with a resolution to follow, I'd be the only one remaining gloomy.

^^^

Well then, how will you be like 10 years in the future?

Hagiwara: Let's see, how old would you be? 28!? Airi would be singing seriously as an artiste. Rather that saying that it seems like that, I want her to do it! I'd like to go and watch her concerts!!

Suzuki: Thank you. If Mai-chan is working at the time, I feel like you'd be in fashion magazines. Or rather, I want you to be in them! That's my desire as well (laughs)!!

^^^

No comments:

Post a Comment