Friday 24 July 2015

New Faces: Their Goals (H!P Maruwakari Winter 2015)

The HaroPuro MaruWakari Books are released in conjunction with the twice-yearly Hello! Con tours. The contents usually take the form of questionnaires to the members, asking about other members.
This one, which came out for the 2015 Winter Hello! Cons, would be Berryz' last as well as Country Girls' first. It also pre-dates Kobushi Factory, who were announced at that Hello! Con itself. Thus, the usual questionnaires are supplemented with a Berryz Kobo special as well as a new faces special (MM 12ki, S/mileage 3ki, the 5 new Country Girls).

This part of the questionnaire comes from the 'new faces' segment, where we get to know more about the new girls and what they think about other H!P members and senpai. Remember that this book pre-dates Kobushi Factory and Tsubaki Factory, but don't worry, they get their turn in the 2015 Summer Maruwakari Book.



Q11. Senpai who is your goal. And your own aim in the future.

Ogata HarunaMy goal is Sayashi Riho-san who I look up to, she's really cool at singing and dancing. I think that it would be nice to not just be a cute idol, but a cheerful one who can brighten up the day.

Nonaka MikiI can't name a person as my goal, but I'd like to become an idol with a high level of professional awareness. Without forgetting my constant efforts, I'd like to do my best. But I'd like to occasionally let out a 'nonchalant' aspect~.

Makino MariaThe senpai I have as my goal is my favourite Hagiwara Mai-san. I'd like to become an idol who'll receive a lot of love from a lot of people.

Haga AkaneJuice=Juice's Takagi Sayuki-san is my goal ♥ Because it's cool how her dancing and singing have an edge to them. I think it would be great if I could be like that.

Murota MizukiI'd like to do my best in order to get even better at singing and acting and dancing, just like Sayashi-san! I'd like to be recognised in the eyes of the world!!

Aikawa MahoMy goal is Hagiwara Mai-san. I'd like to become an idol whose smiles can lift the spirits of those who watch me, and I'd like to become an idol with a sparkling smile.

Sasaki RikakoI look up to Kudo Haruka-san, who's good with facial expressions, and at doing MCs and talks. I'd like to become the universe's number 1 idol, do a dome tour, and bring smiles to the faces of people all over the world.

Yamaki RisaMichishige Sayumi ♥-san! One amazing thing that she accomplished in her long tenure was that she thought harder than anyone about what she could to that would be best for the sake of the group...... I really respect her. And she's more beautiful than anything!!! I'd like to become an idol like that, one who can move the hearts of the people watching her.

Inaba ManakaMy goal would be people with charisma like Sayashi Riho-san or Miyamoto Karin-san. I'd like to become an idol that flourishes in a wide span of fields. Obviously this would include singing and dancing, but I'm also really interested in acting as well. And I'd like to become a person who can bring smiles and joy to a lot of people!!!

Morito ChisakiSayashi Riho-san. I think it's amazing how she stands out on-stage with her skilful dancing and singing. I'd like to become an idol whose singing and dancing is good enough to make people think I'm amazing too.

Shimamura UtaMy goal is to love my group like Michishige Sayumi-san, and go all out with our activities. Without losing my sense of transparency, I'd like to establish my reputation in another genre.

Ozeki MaiMy aim is Michishige Sayumi-san! Michishige-san entered Morning Musume。-san at about the same age as me, and she became the leader. Watching Michishige-san, I think that I think that if I do my best, wouldn't I be able to stand at the top? Just standing on the stage as an idol, the biggest thing may be to make sure everyone watching my performance has a good time, but firstly, I think it's important to enjoy myself. And I'd like to become an artiste who always shines!

Notes and observations:

  • So which senpai is everyone's goal?
    4 mentions: Sayashi Riho
    3 mentions: Michishige Sayumi
    2 mentions: MaiMai
    Single mention: Takagi Sayuki, Kudo Haruka, Karin-chan
  • Chel makes a non-commital answer, while Manakan named two people... though the way I read it, they're used more as examples than as direct references.
  • Quick language note: I found the phrasing of the question a bit weird. I'm familiar with the wording '憧れの先輩' (akogare no senpai), but it was phrased as '目標とする先輩' (mokuhyou to suru senpai), which sounds somewhat stilted to me. My translation would be 'Senpai I look up to' and 'Senpai I set as my goal' respectively. Checking with native speakers, the former is suggests that the senpai is more of an unattainable goal, an impossible dream, while the latter has more of this image that this is a senpai you can eventually catch up to.

1 comment: