Thursday 21 July 2016

Interview with a selection of H!P's Next Generation Aces, Complete version!! (Weekly Shonen Sunday)


An interview with a selection of H!P's Next Generation Aces, Complete version!!


The grand unveiling of the complete version of the [Selection of H!P's Next Generation Aces interview] published in Shonen Sunday issue 34, including parts that weren't published in the magazine!!



Miyamoto: Today's the first time it's just been the 4 of us grouped together. How did you find it?
Makino: It's not like we were always together the whole time though…
Miyamoto: It was kind of fluffy, like a cloud. We're pretty much the kind of people who don't take the initiative to get close to others, even those in our own group. Well, Maria-chan probably does take the initiative though (laughs)。
Makino:(For the photoshoot) The 4 of us, we had to get on top of one another, right? I'm sorry if I was too reserved.

Morito
: Even below you, I knew that you were holding back (laughs)。


Hamaura
: It definitely feels like there's still a wall between us (laughs).


Makino
: A wall that's as thin as cling film though (laughs).


Miyamoto
: Since this issue is going on sale in the summer, is there anything that you want to do when summer comes along?


Makino
: Yup. I want to eat warabimochi


The rest
: Warabimochi?

Makino
: Ones chilled with ice are delicious. I prefer ones made from kinako though. At times when I'd be taking an afternoon nap, a cart would pass by,  'Waーrabiーmochi♪ Warabiーmochi♪ They're cold and delicious. Waーrabiーmochi♪ Warabiーmochi♪  You've got to be quick!'


The rest
: Ehー That's interesting.

Makino
: It's just that I've never bought warabimochi from a cart, not even once. I never make it in time (laughs). After I hear it, I'll go to the supermarket to get some (laughs).


The rest
: Ehー We'd like to go and buy some someday.
Miyamoto: Hamachan, how about you?

Hamaura
: It'd be fireworks for me. I always play with handheld fireworks in front of my house, with family.


Miyamoto
: Ah, that's nice. How about the ones that make a huge noise? Those honestly scare me, but do you play with those as well?


Hamaura
:  I don't really play with those. I've played with ones that move like mice.


Miyamoto
: That's nice, it sounds like fun. Chiichan, how about you?


Morito
: You know, I've never been to a summer festival, like the ones people often go to while wearing yukatas. I've only done that in the lower grades of primary school, and I haven't been to one for years, so I'd like to go to a summer festival in a yukata.


Miyamoto
: There are all sorts of things you can eat at summer festivals. Is there anything that you'd like to eat?


Morito
: Ehー, let me see. Kakigoori, I guess.


The rest
: Ahー, that's greatー.

Miyamoto
: For kakigoori, what flavours do you prefer?


Makino
: Just condensed milk, or a mix of matcha, condensed milk, and shiratama.


The rest
: Ahー That sounds appetising.

Makino
: And honey's really yummy too. Honey. At the Hello! Project concerts, the catering provides kakigoori and honey, which hardens in a nice way and becomes like a sweet. It's super delicious.


Miyamoto
: I like mine flavourless. Just ice.  I eat it, chomp on it, and drink it. I like the roughness in my throat. 


Makino
: It's fine since you won't put on weight if you have that, right? It's basically water.


Miyamoto
: That's right. Also, I've never properly done 'goldfish scooping', so I'd like to try it. I've done the superball version though. 


Hamaura
: Have you ever done crayfish fishing?


Makino
: You can go crayfish fishing near my house. You can find crayfish in ditches or in the fields.


The rest
: You can do that any time (laughs). It doesn't have to be at a festival.

Makino
: You can catch lots. I've made my own fishing rod, using a fallen branch and kitestring. I'd attach a cuttlefish to it, and catch three crayfish in one go.


Hamaura
: That's nice. There's no crayfish where I am. What I have are pond skaters (laughs).
Miyamoto: This is a big leap from the previous topic, but let's talk about concerts! Before concerts, is there anything you have to do before going on stage?

Morito
: I do. I've heard that if you get a strike in the back, it'll get the adrenalin pumping. So I'll do something like that when I'm going through times such as a really nerve-wracking opening day.


Makino
: Like 'smash!'? Wowー Sounds painful. After we're done with our group circle, I go around giving high fives. Giving high fives while going 'Onegaishimasu. Onegaishimasu', it pumps me up!


Miyamoto
: That's greatー。 Hamachan?


Hamaura
: I'll have manuka honey.


The rest: Ahー、 that's good stuff. Expensive stuff.

Hamaura
: To make it effective for my throat, I lick some manuka honey and drink hot water. Then I'm ready to go.


Miyamoto
: For me, when I can't relax before a concert, I'll listen to the sound of rain, or when my body isn't warmed up, I'll do squats…


Makino
: Ehー Doesn't that exhaust you?


Miyamoto
: Not at all. My body stiffens up if I don't move, and it gets my heart pumping.


Makino
: On the topic of heart-pumping, sniffing something that smells like medicine somehow relaxes me.


Miyamoto
: There are scents that can bring internal calmness. The scent of the washing in my home calms me down, as it reminds me that I've come back home.


Makino
: For me, my favourite scent is the smell of the wet tissues that you can get at 'Bikkuri Donkey', they smell really good. They're just flattened wet wipes, but I always want to smell that scent, I really like it.


The rest: Ehー Is that so. Next time, let's have a sniff (laughs).

Miyamoto
: Chiichan, how about you?


Morito
: The smell of the perfume that I always put on calms me down. It clears my head.


Miyamoto
: Ehー What sort of scent is it?


Morito
: It's not too sweet, but it's not overly mature at all, so it doesn't seem too sweet (laughs).


Miyamoto
: Hamachan?


Hamaura: For me, the smell of tatami mats or the smell of a new car, and also the scent of incense sticks. I really like those.


Miyamoto
: The scent of a Japanese-syle room. Ahー That reminds me. You might think that this is strange, but ever since I was small, whenever an air-conditioner would blow, I'd take in its scent. The smell of air-conditioner mold. It's a nice scent, the scent that reminds me to clean the air-conditioner.


The rest: Eh
ー Is that soー. We've somehow ended up talking about scents (laughs).
Miyamoto: That's right, on the topic of summer, we've got the Hello! Project concerts. What's the most memorable incident you've had at a HaroCon? For me, this was at the very first HaroCon where I was teamed up in the unit 'Shin Mini Moni。' We wore huge red and white gloves, and sang 'Mini Moni。 Jankenpyon!' At the time, I was so desperate, I got scolded, and I cried. I had no time to enjoy myself back then, but looking back on it now, it left a huge memory of me trying hard when I was small.

Makino
: I remember my first concert, where we had to dance 'Kanojo ni Naritai!!!' The cap that went with my outfit came off. I was in a panic, and when I went to pick it up from where it had fallen, Michishige Sayumi-san commented that I had been cute. I wanted to reply with a thank you, but since my mind was telling me that I had to get the cap, I rushed back to get it.


The rest
That does happen. Those things coming off.

Miyamoto
: Hamachan, do you have anything?


Hamaura
: For me, in Kobushi, it just happened to be the exact day that we would be recording the DVD for our first concert, but three out of the eight of us had been hit by the flu, so we had to perform with five people. Now, I feel like we had so few people around whenever I give those videos another watch.


The rest: That's right. Must have been tough.

Morito
: I have something similar too. On the day before a Country Girls 
DVD recording, Ozeki Mai-chan got hit by the flu. Momochi-senpai had to join in as the pinch-hitter. At the time, we were only told about it the day before, and she joined us all of a sudden. That unplanned performance was our first with Momochi-senpai, so it really left an impression.

Miyamoto
: Also, let's see. This summer, is there one goal that you'd like to achieve? I've decided to make sure to master one of Mariah Carey-san's songs. At the moment, I just keep on listening to her, but her songs aren't going into my head at all (laughs). I'll do my best!


Hamaura
: It's not do-or-die, but if it's something I'd like to try, well, Kobushi Factory are scaredy cats. We can't handle haunted houses or dark places, so I'd like Kobushi Factory to undergo a test of courage, and overcome it. Kobushi Factory have quite a lot of powerful songs, so I feel that we shouldn't be weak.


Miyamoto
: Who's the biggest scaredy cat?


Hamaura
: Inoue Rei-chan. Just entering dark places makes her cry.


Miyamoto
: I'd end up crying too. For Juice=Juice, I entered a haunted house alone, and chose to retire. So I understand how it feels.


Makino
: On the contrary, when I enter haunted houses, I finish without seeing anything scary. They disappear behind me. Thinking about it afterwards, I'll be like 'Ah, it's already ended. I should have given things a better look' (laughs).


Miyamoto
: Chiichan, how are you with haunted houses?


Morito
: I've never been in one. I tried going in one once, and left at the entrance. It was impossible for me. 


Miyamoto
: How about you bring along Momochi-senpai next time?


Morito: Momochi-senpai wouldn't go in. She doesn't like scary stuff.


The rest: Is that so.


Morito: This is a goal that I've thought about recently. We have 
6 of us in Country currently going around on our live tour. We have the opportunity to build up our ability to interact quite considerably, but at those times, my voice just isn't loud enough, which becomes troublesome for others. So I think that I've got to build up both my stamina and the strength of my voice at the same time.

Miyamoto
: Is there anything you do to build up your stamina?


Morito: I've got a dog, and when I'm at home for an extended period of time, I'd always bring my dog for a walk. At those times, I'll run, so I think that it's let me build up more stamina compared to before. But I'd also like to try rope skipping or squats.
Miyamoto: Finally, to wrap things up, this summer, what would you like to get across to the fans through your activities, or the way that you perform?

Makino
: I'd like to do my best to show how energetic I am, and give everyone energy. Since I like baseball, through baseball, I'd also like to get more baseball-related work, and make people who like baseball also come to like idols, Morning Musume
。, and Hello! Project!

Hamaura
: At the moment, I'm doing my best to gradually change my own facial expressions. In the future, every time I sing the same song, I'd like to be able to make different facial expressions than before. Kobushi Factory have a lot of fun songs that can be enjoyed by many, from the young to the old, so I'd like us to be known by a lot of people


Morito
: Country Girls have a lot of cute songs, and we're trying out cool songs and sexy songs in the tour we're currently doing. So I'd like to do my best to be able to make mature expressions!


Miyamoto
: Juice=Juice will have our first Nippon Budokan performance on the 7th of November. Maybe because we're all heading towards the same goal, we're extremely united. We're having a lot of discussions on how to do things, as we'd like to improve our performance for each and every song. For me personally, it's thanks to the fans that we're able to have a Budokan performance, so I've got to thank the fans. I've mentioned this on my blog as well, and it's obviously something important, but in the end, what gets the gratitude across isn't words, it's what comes out through your performance, like an aura. 
I think that would be the best way to prove your gratitude. So I'd like to do my best at each and every performance

Hello! Project 2016 Winter - DANCING! SINGING! EXCITING! - / Hello! Project

No comments:

Post a Comment