Wednesday 24 June 2015

Wakatteiru no ni, Gomen ne (TV size lyrics translation)

Country Girls performed 'Wakatteiru no ni, Gomen ne' (Despite understanding, I'm sorry) as performed on TV Tokyo's Music Festival.
This was the first time they would be performing the song in front of an audience, and furthermore, it was on a live broadcast, so props to the girls.
This is a shortened-for-TV version, and while we wait for the official music videos, with the accompanying official translations, here's a quick one by me.


♪♪♪

Mai: '...Eh? I'm sorry, are you mad...?'
Chisaki: 'Hmph! You don't understand anything at all'

Once again, how many times has it been, how many times?
You're a bit insensitive, even though you can recite the digits of pi
But when it comes to things like anniversaries or saying 'I love you'
Romance the only subject you're bad at

You're a bit simple
The flow of your messages are predictable
A maiden's heart changes from one beat to the next
There isn't only a single answer

If we have a date together after school
On our way home, you curtly go 'See you tomorrow'
Doing things like holding hands
If you're a man, wouldn't it be good to act now?

'Sorry'?
If you understand
Show it through your actions
I'm waiting, see, see, see

That's enough of being so inattentive
I'll go back to someone
Ah, I was just making that up
I won't really do it - I said I'm sorry...

If you understand
Show it through your actions
I'm waiting, see, see, see

That's enough of being so inattentive
I'll go back to someone
Ah, I was just making that up
I won't really do it - I said I'm sorry...

Once again, how many times has it been, how many times

Mai: 'I didn't notice your feelings, I'm sorry...'
Chisaki: 'Nope. Me too, despite knowing how you are, I'm sorry...'
Momo: 'And one way or the other, they forgave one another. And they lived happily ever after.'

♪♪♪

When asked why she's dressed like a granny, Momochi simply explains that it's the outfit she's got for the new song - it stands out a bit, doesn't it suit her? ♥ (Crowd cheers)

Anyway, according to her blog post on that day, we'll understand better once we watch the full music video. Sounds like her usual promoting ways ☺.

No comments:

Post a Comment