Thursday 1 October 2015

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Natsuyaki Miyabi x Kumai Yurina

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between pairs of girls, covering all 66 possible combinations.


Natsuyaki Miyabi X Kumai Yurina

 ↓↓↓

What was the first impression you had of one another when you first met?

Kumai: Miya was blonde, so it was like 'Ah, she's a city kid'.

Natsuyaki: For Kumai-chan, I thought that her eyebrows were neatly arranged (laughs). 

Kumai: Ahahahaha. Is that so?

Natsuyaki: Really, that was the strongest impression. 

Kumai: The greatest, huh~. I think so too. Looking at photos of myself from way back,  I'm like 'What was up with those eyebrows!?' (laughs)

Natsuyaki: I don't intend this as a follow-up, but I thought that you were a pretty girl~.

--- Have your impressions of one another changed?

Kumai: There's been quite a change over these many years. When the younger team got to do a radio show together (STAR digio 'Tsuukai Berryz Oukoku'), Miya became the oneesan. If I had to say, before, she had this image of being all noisy, and enjoying the fun things, but she also had this aspect to her, where she properly thought about things, so it was like she was an oneesan!

Natsuyaki: That's probably because it was work (laughs). It was the first time for us younger ones to do a radio show, and there, I was the eldest, so I thought I had to be level-headed, and take control. As I had to let the 2 of you talk as well, at the very beginning, I acted like an oneesan.

--- So you didn't become an oneesan, you just acted as one (laughs).

Natsuyaki: Honestly, I don't really want to be like the oneesan or the senpai. But I thought that I had to take the lead.

Kumai: You led in quite a big way.

Natsuyaki: My impression of Kumai-chan hasn't changed. Airheaded, head in the clouds. But I think that you've calmed down recently. Like I could say that Kumai-chan's the calmest in Berryz Kobo. You used to be noisy in the past, the same type as how Chii (Tokunaga Chinami) is now (laughs), but I feel like you've turned out to be really oneesan-ish.

Kumai: Ah, but I might have calmed down. On the topic of calming down, it might be because I grew older (laughs). I envy the always spirited primary school kids. I think that the types of people like Chinami who are born that way are a different case (laughs), but I think it's amazing to spend a whole day with that much energy.

↓↓↓

No comments:

Post a Comment